Friday, November 4, 2016

Couple of updates........

Update on the central vac.

The store replaced the powerhead and the hose under warranty.  It turns out I have a lifetime warranty on this unit.  It also turns out this particular model has had numerous problems with the powerhead and hose, and that is why I am now on powerhead number three.

A little nugget of information for the fellow Canadians out there.  Mentioned to him about wanting a Dyson V8 cordless and right away he said NO.  To fix any problems with it, you have to deal with the head office in the States.......and there will be problems he said.  It's supposed to run for 40 minutes; it will when you first get it but over time it will run for less and less time.  If you have weak hands/wrists (I do) you will find the unit heavy over time, as you are carrying the motor all the time.

So for the time being I am sticking with my central vac.

Update on the basement:

We are getting there slowly but surely.  I have been doing some painting of the doors and trim work.  We picked up a closet organizer for the closet in the back room, so "my" goal is to get dh to install it on Saturday so I can fill it up!!

I picked up floor paint for the furnace room, as it is still and will remain bare concrete.  When painted though it cuts down on the dust.  I also picked up paint for the bathroom down there, a terracotta colour.  So I am hoping to get both areas painted this coming week.  

"My" goal is to have everything done and carpet installed by the beginning of December.  Realistically though before Christmas it should be done by.

Update on Christmas:

If I can clear out the spare bedroom, then I can actually see what I have bought already!!!  As it's November I need to sort the Christmas Cards as well.  I bought a lot of Family one's in the sales in January, but I need to sort out who I am sending them too.  With the price of stamps rising again, I will be cutting right back to the bare minimum.

Update on me:

Well I am feeling a bit better, and have a little more energy.  When I have energy I am using it.  When I have only a little energy I don't do much.  I have also discovered I can get more done in the morning and then rest up in the afternoon, when my energy level is low.

In the scheme of things, life is good, as the t-shirt says!!!


7 comments:

William Kendall said...

As you say, you've found when your energy levels are best to work, and that's a good thing.

mamasmercantile said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and that you had a good result with the cleaner. Sounds like lots of work to get all what you want to achieve before Christmas, take care not to overdo things.

Karen said...

My brother in law has been VERY vocal about his negative opinion of those Dyson Vacuum cleaners! Glad you are feeling better.Don't over extend yourself getting ready for Christmas now.
We are slowly but surely turning our upstairs pantry into a laundry room. I just can't get up and down three flights of stairs like I used to. Thankfully we designed this house to be easily adapted to anyone with mobility issues. When my daughter had her car accident and was in a wheelchair for a year we figured out how a lot of things would have to be adapted.

Unknown said...

Good news about the central vac - I guess that answers that decision for a while. I need to buy Christmas cards - you just reminded me - I like to get mine sent out early too if I can.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

I cut way back on mailing cards in the past couple of years, actually mailing anything.
Hope you continue to feel better.

Jackie said...

I am glad you are feeling better and that the hose and powerhead of your central vac are being replaced at no cost.

I need to get my cards started very soon as well, and get a parcel in the mail before the end of the month.

God bless.

Unknown said...

I am sorry you had to replace the powerhead from your vacuum cleaner. Did you find out if it was still under warranty? I think saving up for the Dyson V8 Cordless Vacuum is a great idea, and I hope you do not have to wait too long to get it. I have bad luck with electronics, so I understand how frustrating it is when your gadgets break down.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...