Saturday, August 6, 2016

Three for free..........

Try saying that three times fast!!

On Friday I went out for my walk and didn't croak!!!   It was so humid though and this was around 6 am.  Anyhoo, I saw the paper lady delivering papers so stopped for a chat; luckily I was heading down the hill, as if I was going up the hill that would have been impossible for me to talk.  She ended up giving me a free newspaper; we only get a paper delivered on a Saturday now.

I had a coupon for free cereal, so picked that up and got free cookies when they came up the wrong price.  Now to win the lottery...............well someone has too!  Plus I like the sound of FREE MONEY!!

Oh and hands up if you are sick to death of this hot and humid weather?  I have both hands up.  I am so over Summer now; plus everyone is cranky due to the heat.

9 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

Good for you on your walking, Gill! It does get easier (says this committed couch potato/occasional cyclist) and before you know it, you're finding it easier and going further. Make sure you take your water with you, though. Important to stay hydrated! Good luck - you'll do great xx

Evelyn said...

I don't mind the summer heat and humidity. I hate winter with a passion so enjoy summer while it lasts.

Winifred said...

That's a lucky chat you had.

Well Gill you will know we rarely ever have that problem with humidity here in the North of England. It is very pleasant now that summer has finally arrived & I'm not going to complain. I'm not a fan of the heat either so it's just a nice sunny 21 degrees. Lovely breeze too so the washing is getting put out next. Then sadly I'll have to get back to painting my granddaughter's bedroom. The light is great & the paint is drying quickly. Got to make the most of it.

William Kendall said...

I've had it with the heat... I'm looking forward to days with temperatures half of what they are now.

Jackie said...

I am so looking forward to the fall and the slightly cooler weather. Not so much the winter as it can be harsh.

God bless.

Betsy said...

We don't have humidity here in the northwest but I grew up in Nebraska and we definitely had it there. Our daughter is in D.C. And is hating it with a passion. I don't like heat but I don't like winter and snow either. Give me spring and fall any day and I'd be happy. What a great bunch of freebies! It was definitely your lucky day.
Blessings,
Betsy

mamasmercantile said...

I am really enjoying the Summer, but we don't have the heat and humidity that you have.

angela said...

Love getting free things. Hot and humid is horrid. We are still in winter here and it's cold. But we have had lovely sunny weather so it's not hard to deal with. Cold and wet is yucky.
Well done on the walk. Xx

T'Pol said...

It is too hot and humid here as well. Cannot stand it anymore. My favorite season is the Fall.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...